Tuesday, October 28, 2008

blessings

I think it's time to write down things I'm grateful for because I think I need a little boost. I hate it when I get a little bit down and don't think about all of my blessings.
1-I am thankful to have such a great family. Even though I don't see them too often, I know they are all here for me if I need them. My brothers are awesome and such good examples to me. I love all my sisters-in-law and they are all special and unique. My parents are the best. My mom is my best friend and my dad is so smart and focused on serving.
2-My husband is so dedicated to getting his master's and I know I get frustrated at times because I am so old and living in student housing, but it will be TOTALLY worth it when we're done. He is awesome and it is inspiring to see how far he has come since we first got married.
3-I am so glad to be a mom. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have the crazy job of chasing my kids around 24-7. They give me a sense of importance and plus they are so sweet (sometimes) and say the funniest things.
4-I am so glad to have Jess, Aaron, Stephen and Emma here in Logan. It's hard to not be able to see everyone else very often. I miss everybody!
5-I am glad to have some talents. I love to have a creative outlet.
6-I am so grateful to be a member of the church. I really can't believe that I am so lucky to be born into it.

6 comments:

angie and graham said...

It's always nice to sit down and and just ponder on all the little things you are blessed with and after you realize your little list is huge. I'm glad you are doing well. I would love to see you during Thanksgiving. We are going to be in Brigham.

Mandi said...

I need to remember to do that when I am down. You are smart to do that, because usually I'll just wallow in my despair and it is really annoying. I feel so lucky to have you as a sister-in-law. You are always so friendly and fun and giving. I really look up to you. And I bet all the people in student housing love that you live there!

Robyn Pearson said...

Beckie I liked your list. Especially since you mentioned me! Ha! No, we are so proud of you guys and your 3 beautiful children. Did you take pictures of the Power Ranger and the Ballerina and Jack in his costume? I want to see them! We love you guys! Mommy/ Robyn

Hoenes Family said...

Good idea to write down your blessings when you are feeling down. I hope things get better for you!

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

I like reading your blessings. Thanks for you comment, by the way. Your parents were just here Saturday, did they tell you? We were talkin about the mosaic and I had yours hung in the family room (the one you gave us for our anniversary) and we were talking about how that peice was what got me started on making them...so it's all your fault =) Thanks!!

Ericka said...

Beckie you are so sweet! Thanks for the uplifting post! I need to remember the blessings I have too!